How to Install Related Posts Widget for Blogger (Blogspot)
For the longest time, I’ve wanted to install the Related Posts widget for my Blogger (Blogspot) blog. I’ve been scouring the Internet for html code, but because of my customized template, I found step by step instructions for HTML code changes to be ineffective. Fortunately, I found a Related Posts Widget that requires no HTML tweaking at all!
This is how a Related Posts widget will look on your blog (the pic below is a screenshot of my own website with the widget installed):
Having a Related Posts widget allows your readers to stay longer on your page as they browse through past blog posts with a similar topic. If you want to install a Related Posts widget for your Blogger or Blogspot blog, follow the steps below:
- Log on to your Blogger account.
- Go to this Related Posts widget website.
- Fill up the fields with your email address, the URL of your blog, the platform (Blogger), and the number of related posts you want (I chose four because five no longer fits the width of my blog’s body):
- If your blog has a dark background and your text is light in color, check the box beside this statement: “My blog has light text on a dark background.”
- Then, click the “Get Widget"!” button.
You will then find yourself on another page. Click the “Install Widget” Link. On another tab, you will be brought to a Blogger window. To install the Related Posts widget, click on the “Add Widget” button:
You will find yourself in your blog’s dashboard under the Designs tab. You will see the new widget installed here:
- Drag the Related Posts widget over to the “body” part of your blog for it to install properly:
- Save the changes by clicking on the orange “Save” button on the upper right corner.
- That’s it! You are now ready to view the newly installed Related Widgets post on your Blogspot blog!
If you are having any problems on how to install the Related Posts widget on your Blogger/ Blogspot blog, leave a comment below with the URL of your blog and I’ll see what I can do to help.